The Speech Guy

Tech Savvy Speech Therapy

Join me for The Speech-EZ Webinar Series

• Home
  • iPad
  • Join me for The Speech-EZ Webinar Series

Hi everyone! I am excited to announce my participation in The Speech-EZ® Webinar series. I want to thank everyone for following my blog as I am passionate about using technology to enhance the speech and language skills of my clients. I invite you to join me so I can teach you how to implement this technology into your home or therapy sessions. Here is a little bit more about the webinar:

Appdapted: Thinking Outside the App

September 24th; 10:00 am EDT (90 minutes)
September 25th; 7:00 pm EDT (90 minutes)

Abstract

Since the iPad was released there have been many apps designed for speech and language therapy and most of these apps are great for therapy. However there are countless free and inexpensive apps that with a little creativity can be “Appdapted” to suit a variety of therapy needs

Appdapted is a term that was coined to describe the process of taking apps that were not specifically developed for therapy and adapting them to suite therapeutic needs. Apps utilizing augmented reality, QR codes, and voice activation will be discussed and short tutorials will demonstrate how to take these apps and turn them into useful and engaging therapy tools. This is an intermediate level course that is geared toward professionals and parents that have a strong working knowledge of the iPad and iOS.

Learning Outcomes

1)    Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to efficiently search for apps and identify 2-3 apps search tools or blogs to aide them in discovering new apps.

2)    Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to take free and inexpensive apps and create engaging therapy activities.

3)    Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to define terms such as augmented reality and quick response codes.

Disclourse

I have no relevant financial or nonfinancial relationships to disclose.

ceu

This course is offered for .15 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Professional Area)

September 24th; 10:00 am EDT (90 minutes)
September 25th; 7:00 pm EDT (90 minutes)

Click here to Register Now

Please share and reblog to spread the word about the webinar series!! Thank you and hope to see you soon!

Also check out the other webinars in The Speech-EZ® Webinar series:

Your Brain on Music: Understanding and Implementing Music in Therapy and at Home

August 28th; 10:00 am EDT (90 minutes)
August 29th; 7:00 pm EDT (90 minutes)

An Overview of Auditory Processing Disorder Subtypes and Practical Therapy Tips

October 15th; 10:00 am EDT (90 minutes)
October 16th; 7:00 pm EDT (90 minutes)

About

2 Responses

1. franslp@optonline.net says

Hi! I’m interested in attending, but I don’t have an iPad–I have a Droid and downloaded apps that have to be “Appdapted”. Can I still attend w/o an iPad? Thanks, Fran Pickus, SLP

• azspeechguy says

Fran the beginning portion of the webinar will focus on ipad. The last portion will focus on apps and how to use them. Most apps are made for both android and iOS , however some will be exclusive to ipad.